Looking for new recipes or maybe you’re in the mood for some delicious spicy fall flavors? Then you need to try this sweet, vegan protein-packed bread!
Sweet pumpkin bread with spices
- WET INGREDIENTES
300 g canned pumpkin puree (* or fresh pumpkin, see cooking instructions below)
10 fresh, pitted, soft dates
125 ml / 1/2 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- DRY INGREDIENTS
100 g / 1 cup oat flakes (mixed with oat flour)
60 g / 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
50 g / 4 scoops Puori PB pea protein powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the pumpkin puree in the food processor along with the rest of the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into a bowl along with the dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Place baking paper in a rectangular loaf pan or baking dish or grease with oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes. The bread is ready if a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Instructions for cooking the pumpkin puree
- Put the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Divide the pumpkin in half and place it in the oven with the cut side down.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the flesh is soft.
- Measure out 300 g / 1 1/4 cups of pumpkin pulp and blend until completely smooth. That’s about half of the pumpkin (save the rest in a jar and add to sandwiches, pastas or smoothies. Or just make one more pumpkin bread).